Start-up founders have to find various ways to cut costs. Given that setting up a permanent office space is a major business expense, an increasing number of start-ups are sharing office space in Sydney. In the past, only freelancers or small tech start-ups used coworking spaces. Due to the pandemic, the concept of sharing office spaces is becoming more popular than ever. Although shared office spaces offer a fair share of advantages, they’re still not as cost-effective as virtual offices. These digital offices help entrepreneurs scale their start-ups in the most efficient way possible.
What are Virtual Offices?
Virtual office space in Sydney is ideal for a local start-up that employs a lot of remote workers, freelancers, and contractual employees. Unlike shared working spaces where companies get access to physical workspaces, virtual offices are completely digital. They’re only used to give new start-ups –
- A sense of identity
- Technological tools required to succeed in remote working environments
- Administrative support
- Access to shared meeting rooms
All of these features are, of course, offered at affordable costs. That’s why virtual office spaces are soaring in popularity amongst new, small-scale start-ups.
Key Benefits of Setting Up a Virtual Office for Your Company
The Perfect Tool for Scaling Up
Small-scale start-ups face many barriers to scaling up. Well-designed virtual office space in Sydney can eliminate barriers such as –
- No need to spend heavily on renting office spaces
- Employees don’t need to relocate or commute to operate. These time savings can be used to get more work done.
- The best virtual offices come with pre-designed tools that maximize employee productivity. Office admins don’t need to invest their time in laborious administrative responsibilities such as physically communicating with co-workers or going through complicated leasing/purchasing contracts.
Time efficiency is key to scaling up and managing a virtual office space frees up plenty of time for business administrators.
Boost Brand Image
A major problem that modern-day start-ups face is the failure to gain public trust. When you are a part of a four or five-member start-up, and you don’t have the budget even to set up a permanent office address, your band appears illegitimate and shady to target customers or investors. With a high-quality virtual office space in Sydney, the company will receive –
- A verifiable business address – Mention the business location in all the mail/emails that your brand sends out. When potential investors or customers see that your brand has an actual address, they’re likelier to engage with your brand.
- Local Contact Number – Although most tech start-ups don’t rely on local telephone numbers to address their communication-related requirements, the local customers certainly value these numbers. They’re far likelier to engage in businesses with start-ups that have local phone numbers.
- Receptionist – Actual receptionists will work on behalf of the company, answering customer queries for eight to sixteen hours every day.
- Virtual Server – Hosting conference meetings is much easier in virtual office spaces. The virtual office providers offer their dedicated virtual servers. These servers are backed by professional support staff. In some cases, business partners or clients can even be invited to the business address. Virtual team members can engage with their clients as their office management partners in the physical business location cater to the clients’ needs.
Cut Down Business Expenses
Even sharing physical office space in Sydney can help companies cut down their day-to-day business expenses. These savings can be re-invested into different areas of the business.
- All the technology needed to carry out business tasks are provided by virtual office experts. Start-ups don’t need to invest heavy amounts into setting up communication channels, administrative systems, etc.
- Workers don’t need to commute or park their cars so that these expenses can be removed from their daily stipends.
- The virtual office receptionist works for all the companies that are sharing the virtual office space. Businesses don’t need to pay extra for these customer response services. Having one virtual receptionist who can redirect calls to members of the company is more than sufficient.
- Of course, there are no day-to-day office costs such as maintaining the furniture pieces, cleaning, paying for utilities, etc.
Lastly, businesses can easily avoid getting trapped into overpriced monthly lease agreements. Both virtual and shared working space providers offer small-term contracts. Use them as you need and stop paying for the days the business is inactive.
If virtual office spaces don’t suit an entrepreneur’s taste, he or she should assess the idea of moving into shared working spaces. Read – “How co-working office space in Sydney would benefit a firm?” to find out more about the benefits of shared coworking spaces.
Many people assume that working in virtual office spaces will put important business data at risk. However, these virtual spaces are extremely secure. The best providers of office space in Sydney use the latest privacy and data security tools to prevent nefarious parties from gaining access to the virtual office space.
- Businesses also get to boost their credibility in the market as their office address appears on public and state registration websites (not their home addresses).
- These “virtual addresses” enable businesses to register with some of the most sought-after business directories in the world. The top credit agencies use the information presented in these directories to reviewing credit applications. If you’re a small business that’s not qualifying for loans, setting up a virtual office and sharing the office address with prospective investors and creditors will do the trick.
- The virtual offices also enable legal agencies to differentiate between a start-up founder’s personal and business assets. All legal correspondence regarding the start-up isn’t sent to the founder’s home – they’re delivered to the virtual office address.
- Virtual offices also allow companies to boost their SEO performances on search engines. Companies love virtual business listings that feature – the company’s name, address, contact numbers, etc.
Start-up founders must use these virtual offices to create distinct identities for their brands. Their workforces will also feel more connected to the company due to such efforts. Not only are virtual workspaces more efficient, but they’re also cost-effective!